Buying your first motorcycle and learning how to ride is always a unique and exciting experience. However, we at Travers Insurance can help Webster Groves, MO residents understand their different insurance policy options and ensure that they are protected for their first drive.
What Your Policy Provides
Typically, motorcycle insurance includes a few different policy options: bodily injury and property damage liability. These are important for first-time drivers because you might end up getting in a crash during your early learning period and hurting other people.
These policies protect you in lawsuits by covering things like medical payments and replacing a person’s vehicle. However, there are other additional coverage options you may want to add to your policy. As a first-time driver, you may want to seriously consider:
- Medical payments for any injuries you might experience
- Collision and comprehensive policies to repair your bike after accidents
- Total loss coverage if your bike is totaled in an accident
- Personal belongings coverage to protect your personal gear
- Motorcycle repair, roadside assistance, and towing options
- Loss of income coverage to protect you during medical care
Each of these different add-on options will increase your premiums a little. However, it is often worth it if you’re learning how to drive a motorcycle and want to be protected. There’s no shame in spending a little extra money to ensure you don’t end up losing cash after an accident or incident.
Finding a Great Policy
As you can see, motorcycle insurance for first-time riders is an important investment that can keep you safe from many different concerns. Please contact us at Travers Insurance if you live in or near Webster Groves, MO and want to get the policy that makes the most sense for your needs as a person.